Gritopia! Our grit, gravel (or whatever you want to call it), adventure.
The Tweed Valley is rightly famous for its MTB trails, but it also has a huge network of forest roads, old drove roads and trails which are perfect for gravel bikes. In Gritopia, you can expect mile after mile of empty grit and gravel with a few stretches of quiet tarmac linking it all up. The full course is approx 75km but shorter options are always available.
Any suitable bike will do. A dedicated gravel bike is perfect, but a lightweight/XC mountain bike will be fine. Oh, and eBikes are welcome! We definitely don’t however recommend a dedicated road bike, you and/or the bike might have a fairly uncomfortable day out!
“My 1st gravel event; Excellent route, challenging ride, stunning scenery. It was a great day on the bike!” Gritopia Rider
What you get
- The event is part of the awesome TweedLove Bike Festival so you can enjoy all the vibes.
- One free course photo for every rider (uploaded to Facebook)
- Fully marked route
- Course map
- Electronic timing by SI systems, with instant results
- Feed stations with amazing locally-made cake and High 5 energy products
- The best course medics & safety marshals
- Onsite tech support
- One week before the ride, you’ll receive ‘Riders’ Notes’ explaining everything about event day; from directions, parking and information about what’s happening in the Event Village to what to wear and bring on the day.
- We’ll publish the route map once permission and authorisation for doing so is in place with land owners and all relevant authorities. As soon as we can!
- On the day entries will be possible subject to availability.
FAQs and T&Cs
Please find the Frequently asked questions here and Terms & Conditions here.
Want to get involved in other ways?
Join us as a volunteer via our online application form. It’s a lot of fun (honest) and you’ll have Bike Valley’s eternal thanks!