TweedLove 2012 Review October 18, 2012
TweedLove Bike Festival 2012 was the best one yet, with loads of folk coming to ride, hang out and have a proper bike party here in the valley. Check out Calum Darling’s footage from some of the events, and check out Ian Linton’s pics in the gallery too.
And here’s what folk said on t’web about 2012’s events…
• Fantastic 10 days, fantastic events, fantastic skills, fantastic people, fantastic FUN 🙂
• Loved everything I took part in and looked on enviously from afar for the events I missed. Keep up the good work. Fantastic week again.
• Big thanks to you for making it happen…and making it so great. Already looking forward to next year!
• Did the GT7 and boy was it hard! What made it a little easier was the enthusiastic and encouraging marshalls and organisers as well as making Glentress, an area I know like the back of my hand, into a scary roller coaster of the unknown! Great fun – and will be back next year (perhaps with a bit more training!). Thanks again.
• A great time had by all – hope you guys managed to enjoy some of it – you certainly earned those margueritas!
• Loved every minute of it.Very well organized throughout.A big thank you to you all.
• Tweedlove. Magic .
• After today I may have just caught the mountain bike bug! Awesome bike ride. Thank you! : )
• Thanks for an amazing Glentress 7 yesterday! Great course, well organised and brilliant marshalls.
• Big shout out to TweedLove for organising the funnest bivvyest bivvy night of the festival • had a fabulous time many thanks to all the people that put in the time and effort to make this such a great event…it was a real joy to be part of it
• Who has time for a job when there’s so much fun going on in the Tweed Valley?
• I have to say that I’ve had a fantastic week and I’d like to thank all involved in organising this fantastic festival, including all the cheery marshalls! I’m looking forward to next year already. Leave will be booked as soon as the dates are announced 🙂
• Awesome ladies bike skills course. I can now go round corners fast. Ready position, chicken wings, loose legs and LOOK UP. Fantastic!!!!!!!
• Big thanks to all involved today. Great organisation, awesome trails and lot’s of smiles… Tweedlovin’ it! See you next year!
• Thank you to the team at TweedLove for an amazing event over the weekend. The course was fast, loose and a lot of effort in places. Team Awesome rocks! – you know who you are. X • Massive thanks for an amazing event, The Northern Collective rode the POC King and Queen of the hill this weekend and loved every minute of it, super well organised and a fantastic course (weather wasn’t bad either) we will definitely be back again next year!!
• We had a great family ride tonight, lots of local support and lots of happy kids! Thank you!
New route map added October 18, 2012
We’ve just put up this year’s Natural Tweed route map, so you can download the map and description for an ‘out-there’ XC experience. It’s a great route, and feels quite remote at times, well worth investigating.
The Magnificent Seven rides again September 10, 2012
Right, time for thinking up witty team names and a devising a gruelling/lacklustre (delete as appropriate) training regime. The Glentress Seven 2013 opens for entries on Wednesday 12.12.12 at, er, 12 noon. Whether you’re a cross country uberlord or a weekend trail lover, Scotland’s loveliest seven hour trailfest will show you a good time you and your legs won’t forget all year. Race as hard or easy as you like on your own or with pals, it’s just a great day out on the bike, using some of the finest trails in Glentress – including some opened specially for this event. Nice climbs, sweet descents and a good laugh in the village.
Winter sale prices for a limited time only – 15% off entry. Use code WINTEROFFER at checkout.
Gift vouchers available too.
More info and enter here
Natural Tweed Maps September 10, 2012
Tour o’ the Borders – cheap early bird entries available now September 10, 2012
Some of the TweedLove crew are also involved in organising a great road sportive round these here parts – the Tour O’ The Borders. The ‘Touro’ ran for the first time to great acclaim in 2012 and the 2013 event (Sun 14 April) has just opened for entries with an early entry discount offer. Top skinny fun.
Get More Love June 20, 2012
We might be up to our top tubes in post-festival admin, beer and old course tape, but we’re pleased to announce next year’s TweedLove festival dates. Next year’s cycling clanjamfrie will rip it up over nine days, from Saturday 25 May to Sunday 2 June. Loads of bike riding and good times to look forward to in lucky ’13. Hope we see you then!
Photo Comp Winners June 19, 2012
After much argument over saturation, depth of field, composition and who drank the most beers, the judges finally switched off the monitor and agreed the winners. Well done to you guys…
1st Sean Bell // 2nd Richard Turley // 3rd Alastair Ross
Meet the (Tweed)Love Machine June 19, 2012
We had this daft idea to see if someone could ride (almost) all the events during TweedLove 2012. After much organisational hoo-ha, Jake Hood agreed to take the challenge. He’s now even more of a local legend than before, and has been showered with proposals and offers of all kinds (ok that’s a slight exaggeration). Anyway he delivered big style. Here’s his story…
Female and fast June 19, 2012
Here’s two blogs, well worth a read, from the two fastest women at TweeLove 2012. Katy Winton, POC Queen of the Hill 2012, and Lucy Grant, who came SO close in the Peebles Sprint…
TweedLove Stories June 19, 2012
Calum Darling made some great promos for us leading up to the festival. Great trails and some sweeeet riding!