Gritopia will take you on a journey to many new places in the valley hinterland, leaving the traffic far behind and often far below you. Expect mile after mile of empty grit and gravel with a few stretches of quiet tarmac linking it all up.
There will be two course lengths;
- The Long One | approx. 75km
- The Short(er) One | approx. 45km
All you need to do is pick one of them… you can do this nearer the time – no need to decided just yet.
Any suitable bike will do. A dedicated gravel bike is perfect but a mountain bike will be fine too. We do however recommend leaving the road bikes at home, they’ll be a tad uncomfortable and the gearing might by unhelpful in places! Need a bike?! Our friends at Bspoke Cycles Peebles have the perfect gravel adventure bike to hire for the event – the Bergamont Grandurance. Oh, and at a discount too! Let the guys know when booking you are taking part in Gritopia and you’ll get your hire charge reduced from £30 to £20.
“My 1st gravel event; Excellent route, challenging ride, stunning scenery. It was a great day on the bike!” 2019 Rider
What you get
- Fully marked route
- Course Map
- Electronic timing by SI systems
- Feed stations fit to burst with cake, bananas and High 5 energy products
- Event village with food, drink (including beer tent) and expo stands galore
- TweedLove surprise swag
- Personalised Number Board
- Event programme
- The best course medics available
- Safety marshals
- On site tech support
- Instant results service