A classic closed road sportive, brought to you by the same team who organise the TweedLove Bike Festival.
Sunday 7th August 2016
Entry cost: £60 (limited number of early discounted entries available, £55)
Open to riders aged 16 years and over. No licence required.
Choice of Two Route Lengths:
|Full Route – 120kms/74 miles
Elevation gain: 1430m2015 FULL ROUTE STRAVA LINK
|Challenge route – 88.8km/56 miles
Elevation gain: 890m2015 CHALLENGE ROUTE STRAVA LINK
The full 120km route is the black line, the challenge 88km route is the red line.
More information on our classic closed road sportive can be found on the Tour O The Borders website, but see below for an overview!
Back and better than ever!
Starting in the Borders town of Peebles, the ‘Touro’ route will travel mainly over quiet back roads, and climb several stiff hills along the way. Challenging but rewarding, the routes (short and long) will feature some amazing natural scenery – what better way to take your mind off your efforts than by enjoying this beautiful part of Scotland!
We’re confident this is the best value-for-money closed road sportive in the country, and it’s 100% organised by local riders.
So what do you get for your money?
– A fantastic closed road ride including some of the UK’s best cycling country and awesome scenery
– Shower and changing facilities before and after
– Great feed stations on the route with a variety of locally-made treats, including some fantastic cake and Forsyth’s famous macaroni pies
– The best electronic chip timing system, results texted to you soon after finish
– Official souvenir for all finishers
– Waterproof, tear-proof route map
– Mechanical support before and during the event
– Comprehensive first aid and safety provision around the course
– Water and toilet stops where you’ll most likely need them (we’re riders too!)
– A sweeper vehicle and tech/service support will be on course