Open to amateurs. Theme: Bikes.
Closing date for entries Thursday 31st May, 12 noon
Whether you’re the next big thing in mountain bike movies, or it’s been a while since you’ve got behind a camera, if you’ve got a story to tell, or an idea in your mind, we want to hear from you!
TweedLove film comps have attracted some awesome original ideas and high quality submissions – so keep them coming! Kids films, arty films, adrenaline films… doesn’t matter as long as it’s on theme. We’ll announce the winner at the TweedLove Film & Media Night, show some of the top entries (great prizes for the winners) and there might be a special extra prize for best film featuring the Tweed Valley.
- This competition is open to amateurs only. You can not enter if you make a living from film making.
- There will be two categories: Over 16 years and Under 16 years old.
- The film should be between 2 and 2.5 minutes long.
- The films should be about bikes, with a spot prize for something a bit more ‘creative’.
- The film name should include the title of the film followed by name, with underscore between words – e.g. follow_me_ben_smith.mp4
Send DVDs to TweedLove, c/o 1 Copperbeech Court, Cavalry Park, Peebles, Scottish Borders EH45 9BU
Digital files to email@example.com
You can also submit by sending us a Vimeo or Youtube link but please ensure it is downloadable
Photo Competition & Exhibition
Eastgate Theatre, Peebles
Exhibition runs from Thursday 8th June
Entries Close Monday 14th May 2018.
The TweedLove photo competition is back, so get your camera out and get snapping! As long as your photo is somehow related to bikes, you’re good to go! Great prizes, fame and a chance to see your work hanging on the wall at the Eastgate Theatre await the winners.
- Maximum of five photos by any one entrant
- Photos must have been taken within the last year (from the start of 2016 onwards)
- Open to amateurs and professionals – there are two categories*
- Photos must be A4, 300 dpi, jpg or tif, as ready to print
- The image name should include the title of the image followed by your name, with underscore between words – e.g. tour_o_borders _Jane_Doe.jpg
- Deadline for entry – Monday 14th May
- All finalists will be included in the exhibition at the Eastgate Theatre
- Winners announced at the TweedLove Bike Night on Thursday 7th June at the Eastgate, Peebles
– Amateur – you have not sold any photographs, or supplied photographs to bike media or professionally
– Professional – you have sold photographs, or supplied photographs to bike media or professionally
Copyright is always owned by the photographer. Photographs may be used for marketing the event, and as part of the exhibition and the film night, but will not be used for other purposes without prior approval. Photographs may be used in connection with the event (ie on the website), but there will be no re-sale or commercial use of photographs. By submitting a photograph, you are consenting to it being used in connection with the event and on the website.
Send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must state whether you are entering as an amateur or professional.
Now, get to work!
2017 Short Film Competition Winners
3rd – Bikepacking Scotland, Reiver Raid, Ale Water Valley – Markus Stitz and Fynn Elkington
2nd – Out of the Woods – Euan Farmer
1st – I am who I am – Bertie Fish
2017 Photo Competition Winners
Runner up: Cairn a Chalmain – Grant Walker
Winner: Escape the Cobbler – David Balshaw
Good morning world – Ronan Dugan
Rhyd Ddu Spotlight – Tristan Tinn
The top Amateur entries can be viewed here
The top Professional entries can be viewed here